I live in Ahmadabad, I am worrying about traffic issues. City as a whole is taking lot of steps on infrastructure development. I have few suggestions for long term sustainability.
- Build Footpath with each and every road, Footpath should be 1 ft higher than road surface. Footpath should have one edge at the end.
- Cycling Route, Major Roads need a cycling route and it must be disturbance free. Cycling is a mean of commutation for major of the lower middle class. They can not afford to loose their life or get hospitalized.
- Roads should not be broken at every half a kilometer. At least 2km straight roads are required to manage traffic effectively. you can not allow each and society having cross roads at their gates.
- Promote more one way roads to prevent traffic jam , accidents and traffic direction ( It can even help in chasing thefts and criminals.)
- Footpath should be long enough so all pedestrian can walk only on footpath. This will ensure no disturbance will come for vehicle driver while driving on the road.
- Remove all unnecessary bump & implement strict speed limits on region. Speed Trackers are way cheaper than speed bumps.
I think these are very simple changes we need for Ahmadabad Road Planning.