Mango season is started.. and season’s first mango festival at my family is just finished.. Indian are fond of mango.. something which is a part of our DNA. Specially in Gujarat we love to eat mangoes…. I am here by shedding some of my knowledge about mango.. it will help you to increase your horizontal knowledge.. 🙂
Mangoes in India
- India is a largest producer of mango ( almost 50% of the world mango production)
- Mangoes are most famous fruit in India, I would say it is one of the symbol of unity ( just like cricket , Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan)
- Giving Basket of Mangoes is a gesture of friendship ( that is why in mango season many people sends box of mangoes to their friends & families)
- Lord Buddha Medidated under Mango tree ( I am not sure this Is true or what)
- The English singular form Mango comes from the Latin Mangifera indica meaning mango-bearing plant from India.